The International Oral History Association (IOHA) along with the Oral History Association of India(OHAI) are pleased to be hosting the XIXth International Oral History Conference at the Srishti Institute of Art, Design and Technology,Bengaluru, India from 27th June to 1st July 2016.
The theme of the conference will be “Speaking, Listening, Interpreting: the critical engagements of Oral History” and we look forward to receiving abstracts under the following themes:
- Oral History’s relationship to Anthropology
- Oral history, Memory and Literary Studies
- Engaging with History
- Women’s History and Oral history
- Oral Narratives and Legal Studies
- Oral History, Community Life and Critiques of Development
- Oral Narratives of Caste and Communities
- Traditions, Folklore and History
- Oral History in the Archives
- Oral History, Gender, Politics and Oral Narratives
- Orality, Memory and History
- Oral History of Science
For further details, please clink on the link : http://iohaconference2016.wordpress.com
We look forward to interacting with you at the conference.